The Market Technicians Association (CMT Association) is a dynamic association focused on building a strong community of market professionals, maintaining the highest ethical standards in the industry, and promoting the use of technical analysis in the investment process. Participating in the leadership of an organization like the CMT Association can be a deeply rewarding experience. It is an opportunity to work closely with industry leaders, to significantly further the mission of the CMT Association, and to have a real impact on technical analysis in the financial industry. You will also find the experience to provide great opportunities to improve yourself both personally and professionally. So what is actually involved in serving on the CMT Association Board? What qualities should you look for when nominating other members? Is this a good role for you personally? Here are the expectations of CMT Association Board members, which I have boiled down to the “5 P’s.” An CMT Association Board member should be…
- Passionate- have a passion for technical analysis and furthering the mission of the CMT Association.
- Positive- encourage a positive and collaborative debate and discussion with a diverse group of volunteer leaders.
- Present- able to participate in regular conference calls, as well as attend the Annual Symposium and other events as needed.
- Prepared- eager to pursue a deep understanding of the organization, its structures, and strategic plans for the coming years.
- Proactive- be an active participant in discussions, bringing past experiences from inside and outside the CMT Association to help further the organization.