Striving to further the profession with diverse opportunities in continuing education, advocacy, ethics awareness, and networking.
Focusing on the basic knowledge of the terminology and analytical tools used in technical analysis.
Next Exam Dates: June 3 – 13, 2021
Measuring the candidate’s competency in the application of concepts, theory, and techniques covered by the required readings.
Next Exam Dates: June 3 – 13, 2021
The CMT Exams are open to current and aspiring professionals with an interest in developing skills for better investment decisions. The CMT Designation is formally recognized by FINRA and establishes credibility for individuals seeking new career opportunities in the financial services industry.
Top 15 Employers of CMT Members
MORGAN STANLEY • WELLS FARGO • BANK OF AMERICA • CHARLES SCHWAB • FIDELITY • RBC (CM & DS) • WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT • BLOOMBERG, LP • UBS • CIBC • CREDIT SUISSE • TD AMERITRADE • BMO NESBITT BURNS • NDR • BARCLAYS
As an exclusive benefit to CMT Candidates studying for the Level I, II, and III exams, Nasdaq Dorsey Wright has generously made their technical research platform available to all current CMT exam registrants (regularly $299/month). To opt-in to this service for free, please email email@example.com with your full name and candidate number. Nasdaq’s operations team will handle your site access and onboarding to get the most out of Dorsey Wright technical research.
Make smarter investment decisions with help from the Nasdaq Dorsey Wright (NDW) Research Platform, featuring:
• A comprehensive daily report that provides timely market insights and actionable ideas
• A tactical asset allocation guide, the Dynamic Asset Level Investing Tool (DALI)
• Guided stock, mutual fund, and exchange traded fund (ETF) models that can be used to gain access to the broad markets, specific asset classes, sector rotation strategies, and other specific subsets of the market
• A complete technical analysis solution providing an objective classification system and reports for stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds around the world
• Trend and relative strength charts covering over 40,000 stocks, ETFs, and other securities, indicators, and rankings for analyzing opportunities and holdings
• Daily momentum scores and relative performance updates
Create an account on the CMT Association website and pay the one-time $250 enrollment fee associated with the exam cycle in which you plan to take your first test.
During the enrollment process, you will register for the CMT Level I Exam with the CMT Association.
Purchase the updated CMT Level I Curriculum and develop a self-study plan encompassing the curriculum’s content.
Contact the Prometric Testing Center in your area to schedule a final date and time for your exam during the testing window.
The CMT designation develops deep knowledge in technical analysis and will directly impact the work of portfolio managers, hedge fund managers, investment advisors, RIAs, investment strategists, heads of research, and chief investment officers.
If you’re interested in market behavior, the gap between intrinsic value and market price, behavioral finance, quantitative systems design and risk management, the CMT Program is for you.
Please note that the CMT Association complies with The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Policy, and is unable to work with individuals who live in countries subject to certain sanctions.