Company Name: Cargill
Job Contact: Apply on company website
Contact Email: N/A
Job Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Date: 7/27/2017Job description
The successful candidate will be expected to lead and manage a Global Proprietary Trading team including:
- Run a proprietary trading book trading either Wet freight derivatives or Dry Freight Derivatives
- They will be free to trade all cleared derivatives in the space
- They will also be responsible for managing the other trading books on the desk which will include: a cross commodity options book (freight and freight related commodities), bunkers, and whether wet or dry FFAs (depending on their own book)
- The P&L target for the desk will be in the region of $20 mio per annum
- They will be expected to drive the non-fundamental analysis across the books and feed this into the physical trading game plans
- They will work with the trading desks to understand the physical S&Ds but will not be expected to drive their development.
- The position is integral to the OT strategy and will focus on being a “Player Coach” in that the position will focus on trading and leading the team.
- Peer group leadership (working with the other desk heads)
- Product line P&L
- Profit growth P&L (derivatives, options, FFA’s)
- Trading Analytics
- Product line trading talent – manage performance, development and successions
- Taking directional positions in freight derivatives (either Wet or Dry). This will focus on both short, medium and longer term views of the market
- Trading non fundamental strategies
- Trading spreads (time and size)
- Discussing views with physical desks
- Manage within limits (stress) across the different books
- Provides oversight on highest trading positions (e.g. micro-oriented, large vessels), including the short-long term trading books.
- Determine best risk allocation within the desk between different books
- Collaborates with BU Leader in determining appropriate risk limits and book sizes for each commodity/market.
- Partners with the Trading Managers to manage and oversee the execution of the short-long term trading books.
- Futures and options, hedges, basis trading, OTC swaps/derivatives
- Identifies and manages the latest industry developments, including legal and regulatory changes and issues.
- Manage the trading and traders for the other books on the desk – including:
- Be the backup trader for the other trading books on the desks and on execution for the physical desks
- Applies an expert understanding of Trading practices and procedures to oversee the execution of short-long term trading strategies and books for multiple commodities/markets/customers based on speculative and hedged positions.
- Oversees, reviews and approves short-long term trading strategies across multiple BU’s and/or Platforms.
- Takes the lead role in managing and coordinating the overall BU/Platform’s trading book.
- Drive non fundamental analysis in the relevant markets (e.g technical, correlations, spread relationships)
- Driving trading performance across the BU
- Share best practices from other BU’s and externally
- Develops approaches for directing and monitoring the compliance procedures ensuring the team is aware of roles and responsibilities
- Directs and oversees implementation of analytics and risk management tools/teams needed to provide insight and enable trading strategies to be executed with a high degree of confidence
- Oversees the ongoing relationship between trading teams and risk management and analytics teams\