Company Name: AQR Capital Management
Job Contact: Apply on company website
Contact Email: N/A
Job Location: Greenwich, CT
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
The Global Trading Strategies team is responsible for efficient trade execution of AQR’s investment strategies. The team is comprised of traders, trading assistants, trading infrastructure and trading algorithm developers as well as market microstructure and short term signal researchers. The department designs and develops algorithmic trading methodologies in many asset classes globally. GTS also performs transaction cost analysis on the many markets that the firm trades in, which is utilized in building transaction cost forecasting models for AQR’s investment strategies.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our team as a Merger Arbitrage Trader. This person will be responsible for executing merger arbitrage and event-driven trades on behalf of AQR and CNH Partners (the arbitrage affiliate of AQR). This individual will also develop a deep understanding of AQR’s current processes and systems in order to optimize their functionality and performance. The trader will be expected to provide optimal execution, liquidity assessment and guidance to the portfolio management team.
- Develop and deliver strong execution of merger arbitrage and other event-driven trades in the marketplace.
- Maintain strong relationships with the sell side community.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the current market structure and regulatory landscape.
- Work to understand the strategies and funds of the firm as they pertain to the product and engage in discussion surrounding the strategy implementation and trade execution.
- Work closely with the firm wide development team to ensure trading processes are streamlined and the appropriate trading platforms and technologies are being utilized.