Company Name: Medtronic
Job Contact: Apply on company website
Contact Email: N/A
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Date: 10/10/2017Job description
Careers that Change Lives
The Principal / Analyst of Strategy & Portfolio Management will work in conjunction with the Senior Director, Strategy & Portfolio Management for the Surgical Innovations business and the Surgical Innovations leadership team. This position will play a key role in developing and executing upon the overall strategy and strategic priorities for the Surgical Innovations business unit within the Minimally Invasive Therapies Group of Medtronic. Additionally, this position will play a key role in creating a cohesive portfolio of organic and inorganic opportunities that will promote Surgical Innovations mid and long-term growth, on a global basis and will serve as an advocate for strategic portfolio management.The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
Click here to apply
- Ability to think strategically and participate actively in decision analysis, problem formulation, data collection, model development, and presentations to management.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative portfolio and market intelligence analyses; develop insights and communicate recommendations around strategic issues; support analyses with sound data collection.
- Assist in the aggregation of portfolio strategy that:
- Captures all product pipelines and major initiatives
- Provides a holistic assessment of risk, business performance and alignment with strategic objectives
- Informs rigorous, fact-based and value-oriented make vs. buy decisions
- Serve as a center-of-excellence for portfolio management within Surgical Innovations. Lead the adoption and standardization of tools and processes that enable the strategic portfolio management approach.
- Ensure consistency and integration of Business Development, Market Development, Market and Enrich portfolio models to support strategic priorities and decision making.
- Facilitate development of the Surgical Innovations strategy, including identifying and investigating growth opportunities for entering new markets, technologies, channels and geographies.
- Support the execution of the Surgical Innovations strategy and strategic priorities, aligning with performance management goals, and utilizing change management strategies (drive consensus)
- Partner with Medtronic’s Minimally Invasive Therapies Group’s Strategy and BD&L teams in supporting the prioritization of Surgical Innovations initiatives in the broader collection of initiatives across Minimally Invasive Therapies
Click here to apply