As Warren Buffet once said: "the stock market is a manic depressive."The market can be full of euphoria and greed one moment, and switch to fear and panic the next. This can often be a time of danger and high-risk for some traders, but for other traders it’s a time of immense opportunity. How? In this podcast episode we’re joined by special guest Larry Connors. Larry has over 30 years in the financial markets industry and has been featured on the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Dow Jones, & many other media outlets. He's been providing high-quality, data-driven trading research for over 15 years, and I’m sure many BST listeners have a stack of his books on their bookshelf. I certainly do. In my chat with Larry you’ll discover:
· How human emotions drive the market, and why it’s so important to look beyond price charts and indicators to understand what’s moving the market,
· How we can leverage extremes in specific human emotions to create quantifiable and profitable edges,
· How Larry came up with the idea of publishing his book ‘Buy the Fear, Sell the Greed’ and what traders can learn from it,
· 3 simple indicators to quickly judge the mood of the market,
· How Warren Buffets investment approach to be ‘fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful’ can also apply to short-term trading,
Striving to further the profession with diverse opportunities in continuing education, advocacy, ethics awareness, and networking.