Don Vialoux has 37 years of experience in the Investment Industry. He is a past president of the Canadian Society of Technical Analysts (www.csta.org) and a former technical analyst at RBC Investments. Don earned his Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation from the Market Technician Association in 1995. His CMT paper entitled “Seasonality in Canadian Equity Markets” was published in the Spring-Summer 1996 edition of the MTA Journal. Don also has extensive experience with Exchange Traded Funds (also know as Index Participation Units) as well as conservative option strategies. In 1990 he wrote a report that was released in the International Federation of Technical Analyst Journal entitled “Profiting from a Combination of Technical and Fundamental Analysis”. The report introduced ” The Eight Phases of the Stock Market Cycle”, an investment concept that continues to identify profitable entry and exit points for North American equity markets. He is currently a member of the Toronto Society of Fundamental Analyst’s Derivatives Committee.
- Past President of the Canadian Society of Technical Analysts (CSTA).
- Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation. Title of the thesis needed to earn the designation was “Seasonality in Canadian Equity Prices”.
- 46 years of experience in the investment industry.
- Former advisor to the Horizons Seasonal Rotation ETF: 2009-2015
- Author of a daily letter since 2003 on equity markets available free on the internet. The letter is accessed at www.timingthemarket.ca. The letter focuses on investment opportunities based on technical, fundamental and seasonal analysis. Free seasonality studies for the report are obtained from www.EquityClock.com provided by my son, Jon Vialoux.
- Author of StockTwits comments with over 41,000 followers
- Frequent presenter on Business News Network television
Timing the Market Using Seasonal, Technical and Fundamental Analysis
A webcast presentation originally held on September 6th, 2017 by Don Vialoux as part of the CMT Association's Educational Web Series.
Something new! The traditional investment decision making process focuses first on Fundamental Analysis, followed by Technical Analysis and....
View Archive »
Timing Commodity Markets using Seasonal and Technical Analysis
A webcast presentation by Donald Vialoux, CMT originally held on October 10th, 2012 as part of the MTA's Educational Web Series. Commodity markets are known for their exceptional seasonality. Technical analysis is useful for identifying seasonal entry and exit....
View Archive »