A Letter from the MTA Seminar Chair
This month, instead of A Letter from the Editor’s Desk, we have decided to provide you with an update on the MTA’s upcoming Mid-Winter Retreat by Seminar Chair Tim Snavely, CFA, CMT.
I am pleased to invite you to join us this year for our 2008 MTA Mid-Winter Retreat – a high quality, advanced topics, learning and networking event set on the gorgeous Florida Gulf Coast. This year’s Retreat will be held January 25th and 26th at the fabulous Don CeSar, a Loew’s Hotel, and it will feature:
- An MTA Market Forecast Panel, featuring expert ideas, outlooks, and forecasts for 2008!
- Presentations from renowned experts including John Bollinger, Ned Davis, Jeff deGraaf, Jordan Kotick, Hank Pruden, Phil Roth and more!
- A networking-oriented Rotating Round table discussion enabling attendees to strengthen relationships and share market insights with our attending experts.
- An Awards Luncheon. One of the MTA’s finest traditions is recognizing the important contributions of members of our community – and it’s fun!
- An outdoor evening reception and BBQ to soak in the Florida sun and spend time with your friends and colleagues in the industry.
- A low priced Spouse/Guest Rate, with some spouse – and guest-friendly meals so that everyone can join in the fun.
- This year’s Retreat promises to be the best ever! Accommodations and arrangements at the Don CeSar are possibly the best any where on the Gulf, and the program is designed to balance market insights with networking and time for fun in the sun.
Please stay tuned for more information, and be sure to review the itinerary. There is no better place to be this January 25th and 26th than St. Pete Beach, Florida – so plan ahead and act now to take advantage of this opportunity, and the low pre-registration rate available for only a short time.
For more information or to register, go to www.mta.org, or contact Tim Licitra, MTA Marketing Services Coordinator, at (646) 652-3300.
Tim Snavely, CFA, CMT
MTA Board Member & Seminar Chair
From the Executive Directorby Tom Silveri
MTA Membership: This is a very busy, and exciting, time of the year for the MTA and its membership. As we are wrapping up registration for the fall CMT Exams, we have just opened registration for our...
The Complete TurtleTrader: The Legend, the Lessons, the Results by Michael W. Covelby Ajay G. Jani, CMT & Michael Covel
Eddie Murphy, Dan Ackroyd, and Christmas. Those three words linked together generate an almost universal association with the movie Trading Places. While many have enjoyed the film, few are aware...
Fusing Catalysts Together for Greater Returnsby Todd Campbell
The average technician scours thousands of charts daily looking for the perfect storm. Whether it be uncovering rocks in search of gold nuggets, or catching lightning in a bottle, the task is...
An In-Depth Interview - Josh Rosen, CMTby Molly Schilling & Josh Rosen, CMT
Last year at this time, I interviewed Josh in his position at the New York Stock Exchange where he had been working for many years as a Senior Specialist for Kellogg Group. He has since taken a...
MTA Quarterly Announcement
Once a quarter the MTA would like to recognize those that have been granted Member Status and the CMT designation. During this time period, July ‘07 – September ‘07, the new Members and CMT...
Stairstops: Using Basing Points to Ratchet Stops in Bull or Bear Markets by W. H. C. Bassettiby Michael Carr, CMT & Charles Bassetti
W. H. C. Bassetti recently updated and revised Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert D. Edwards and John Magee. Chapter 28 of the ninth edition of that classic is titled, “What is a Bottom...
New Educational Content This Month
July 20, 2022
MACD-V: Volatility Normalized Momentum
Presenter(s): Alex Spiroglou, CFTe, DipTA (ATAA)
June 29, 2022
The Institutional Use of Technical Strategies
Presenter(s): Brennan Basnicki, CFA, CMT
June 15, 2022
How You Can Benefit from Little Known Seasonal and Cyclical Patterns
Presenter(s): Dimitri Speck